Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Today is a great day to make a memory - Paige Evans Oh my Heart Collection

Hi there,  I want to share a page that I made nearly two months ago.  I used some cute photos of Stefan and the Paige Evans Oh my Heart collection.  The layout is based on Cariena's layout and sketch that was published in the Scrap Affairs Issue 52.

 Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Paige Evans (Oh my Heart); Cardstock:  American Craft; Chipboard:  Celebr8; Embroidery Floss:  DMC; Mist:  Prima Bloom (Iris); Embossing Paste:  Wendy Vecchi; Stencil:  Celebr8; Embossing Powder: Lindy's (Oakleaf Olive), Wow (Rose Gold)

Some close ups:

 I fussy cut the flowers from one of the patterned papers and stitched onto the flowers.  I attached it popping up some of the petals and leaves onto foam dots.

 The Celebr8 title was just inked in black.  The stenciling was done with texture paste and a Celebr8 stencil.

 I adore this Celebr8 chipboard heart.  So much that I have quite a few on in my stash.  I first applied texture paste roughly to the one half and let it dry before heat embossing it with rose gold embossing powder.

 I used the same technique on the little hearts...I love the stitched flowers.

 Some more stenciled work...the ink splatter was a happy accident.  I don't normally splatter but while I was shaking the bottle of Prima Color Bloom Mist I didn't notice that the top wasn't tightly closed and the result was a mess on my page.

 I love the rose gold accents in this collection and that is why I decided that heat embossing all the chipboard pieces with rose gold was the way to go.

...and this is proof that it is just fine to use flowers on boy pages too.

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥

7 comments:

  1. it is LOVELY - so honoured that you were inspired by my layout & sketch.... Lynette, your work is so real and I see the LOVE you put into each page - the love of the subjects and your hobby... makes me so happy. Stywe druk!! xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful double Lynette and lovely to see the various 'moods' of your darling Grandson. We have one that is averse to having photos taken too. Love, love the stitched flowers and the pops of rose gold. Truly lovely work. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Lynette. I do so love your style and great take on the sketch... Cute grandie too :D Love this range also ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is fine to use flowers on a boys page, especially if they look as cute as these!! Great photos, lovely design, and fabulous embellies and chipboard pieces too... I hope you have a great week ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors and that stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your happy accident ~ It looks like it was meant to be.

    Your sewing on the flowers is gorgeous. Another layout to steal!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥